November

November brought another birthday for me. The kids made the "We love...." banner for me, like I've made for them. So much fun! And so much love.


Jonnie also coordinated with them and each of the kids presented a gift to me on one of the days leading up to my birthday. It was so fun to have it stretch out over the days before.  And each of them had such thoughtful, fun gifts--made me feel loved!
For Sierra's gift...she wrote a song for me, all on her own! Jonnie transcribed it for her, and everyone joined in on singing it. It was very sweet.



And on my birthday, I got some fun gifts and a yummy breakfast.

This is so....fitting. That's the word for it!

Gotta live up to this one! :)

We had pizza for dinner and watched a movie together. (It was a Friday, after all). ;) 

And ice cream....because that's a perfect way to celebrate, involving ice cream! 

Grandma also returned to us on my birthday--was that on purpose? :)  She had a great time in Denmark, with my brother, Brett. And it was fun to have her return.
That Saturday we had the Veteran's Day parade.



And the next week, we drove up to St George to attend the Open House of the St George Temple.  Grandma and Grandpa Craig were ordinance workers there, until the Cedar City Temple was built. And it was the first temple to be finished in Utah....so for it to be renovated and then re-dedicated was a neat opportunity for us.  It is beautiful! We also enjoyed sharing with the kids about the history, and Wilford Woodruff's experience of the Founding Fathers asking for their temple work to be done.  So incredible!

It was a quick trip, but wonderful.
On the drive, Grandma shared pictures and stories with Janson from her time in Denmark and travels to Rome and Istanbul, etc.  It was very sweet--she was excited to share, and Janson was a very good, attentive listener.

St George Temple--

All of us together--

Grandma and "the girls"--

Grandma and "the boys"--

Me and MY boy!

It was a wonderful tour of the temple and we had a great experience.  Grandma and I even went through twice! Ha ha.  We all went through, and then Grandma wanted to go again, just to help her commit it to memory. So, Jonnie suggested I go through with her while he and the kids went back to the hotel and checked out.  So nice, it worked out perfectly.

Afterwards, we stopped by to see the progress on the new, 2nd temple being built in St George--Red Cliffs Temple--

We got home from St George in time to catch the BYU basketball game.  Apparently, Sierra was pretty tired....she set up these chairs and pillows, curled up...and went to sleep. 

That Saturday we were trying to get some projects done.  While I ran to the grocery store, Jonnie surprised me by renting a huge ladder to reach a vent I've been dying to get cleaned off for quite awhile...
I came home to the kids looking in the window, from the roof! Fun!


Being a kid, up on a roof....does it get any better? Pretty exciting.

The ladder on the inside, reaching that vent that is now SO clean! Wahoo!

Daxton and Sierra had their final soccer games.  They both did a great job this season and I loved watching them play.
Team picture for Sierra (she's the second kid from the right)--

The "silly picture"--

Soccer-whiz pair

Colton also had his last basketball game of the season. He really stepped up a lot this season and has grown a ton.  So proud of him! (he's the one in purple, with the ball)

After some schoolwork, Sierra wanted to work on her printing, so she wrote out all of our names.
She has really nice writing--it looks like she's older than she is!

With it being dark now when I get up, I get to watch the sunrises on the mornings that I go outside for my workout--
So pretty!


Janson has a friend in his Teachers Quorum, Nolan, who really wanted to hike Daisy Mountain.  He had never done it and set a goal to do it, and wanted Janson to join him and help him.  Nolan's mother wanted a parent to be with them, so I went along.

It was more challenging as we neared the top, but we did great!
They made it to the top!

And Nolan offered to take a picture of Janson and I, too.

Great views!



Almost back down to the starting point...good hike!

Sunday before Thanksgiving, I was making dinner and Colton walked in, with his "turkey creation".  He used his Wookie-mask, and made the beak and wattle ....and used a sheet for "feathers".  Oh, man, he had me laughing!

Years ago, Jonnie personalized our license plate, based on my nickname since childhood--"Marvelous". Then just recently, he ordered these letters and wrote this message:
Ha ha! Clever guy!

For Thanksgiving, we went to San Diego, to visit my sister's family. We had a great visit!

Ice cream night--

And a beach day!
Branden and Janson heading out to do some skimboarding...

Sierra playing her heart out--

Colton and Daxton coming in--

It was a beautiful day!

Janson's silhouette--pretty cool picture.

Colton, Ryah, and I playing on the beach--


Lots of playing games, hanging out, talking, and having fun--



And Jonnie and Janson joined Jesse and Branden for some pretty cool mountain biking.
They also took the younger boys on a fun route one day.
This is Janson's run--

Ryah playing the piano, OVER Janson....they crack me up.

"Craig girls"--me, my Mom, and Holli, working hard in the kitchen!

Gathered together--(with Elder Jared on the video call)--

Time for the feast!

So much to be grateful for.  One of my favorite phrases, that has been coming to my mind often throughout this year, is "living in thanksgiving daily".  That is how I hope to live.  I want to live and walk in thanks-giving, every day!

On Friday, Holli, Mom, and I went out for a bit, before we left town.  We got some poinsettias on sale, Mom took us birthday shopping at Kohls, and we got some hot chocolate. A very successful morning!
And we departed that afternoon.  So goo to be with them--it was a great trip.

Sierra hugging Branden good-bye:

Grandma with a handful of grandkids--

We returned home and officially started our Christmas season!! Wahoo!
We had set aside Saturday for our Christmas decorating.  Man, the house looks amazing.  All of our favorites, and then added in the ones that Janson got to choose from Grandma's amazing collection (that was his birthday gift this past summer).  So fun and festive!

The kids decorating the tree-

Colton--

Daxton--

Janson helping Daxton put the star on the tree--

Janson helping Sierra reach the top, to light the star--
Janson, the lifter! :)

Sierra--

Sierra and Daxton--

For Family Home Evening, we headed to Glendale to visit the "Giving Machine". The Church does such amazing things! I love it!

Between us and Grandma, we chose to give a fruit tree, shoes, a warm meal, and first aide.
Such a great opportunity!

Hoping to "Light the World", one day at a time! :)

Janson, Ryah, and Colton went to a Stake Youth activity--
Christmas attire for "reindeer games" night.  Cute kids.

And December is here....and the Christmas season is upon us! The most wonderful time of the year! We are loving it!!

Popular posts from this blog

March

Oklahoma stop and an Arkansas National Park!

September